At Olympia Orthopaedic Associates, we are committed to meeting the orthopaedic needs of our community and providing our patients with the most advanced treatment options for the best possible outcomes. As part of that commitment, we proudly offer same-day total hip, knee, and shoulder replacement surgery at the Olympia Surgery Center. In a traditional total joint replacement surgery, the patient stays in the hospital for several days before going home. However, in an outpatient total joint replacement, the patient is able to go home just hours after surgery.
Our expertly trained orthopaedic surgeons have extensive experience with these procedures, having performed over 350 outpatient joint replacements in the last 2 1/2 years, and were among the first 5% in the nation and the only providers in the region to offer outpatient joint replacements. Saving patients the cost and some of the average recovery time of a traditional inpatient procedure using cutting-edge technology and techniques, outpatient joint replacements will help you restore your life in motion, faster.
Advantages of outpatient total joint replacements include:
- Outpatient procedures are designed to expedite recovery
- You’ll be able to leave the day of your procedure and immediately start recovering from the comfort of your own home
- Reduce the risk of infection from the hospital environment
- Flexible scheduling
- Save on costs with the reduced hospital stay
Our doctors and staff at the Olympia Surgery Center are specialty-trained to ensure the highest possible level of treatment, and they are exclusively dedicated to the preoperative, operative, and postoperative care of orthopaedic patients. Additionally, our joint replacement surgeons have completed additional training specifically in joint replacement, and they have the knowledge and skill to help you return to your active lifestyle.
If you’re suffering from any of the following symptoms, you may be a candidate for outpatient joint replacement surgery:
- Severe joint pain that may keep you awake at night
- Joint pain that prevents you from resting or prohibits you from activity
- Joint pain that disrupts necessary and daily functions, such as climbing stairs or walking
To see if an outpatient joint replacement procedure is the right option for you, speak with one of our expert joint replacement surgeons today by calling (360) 709-6230 or schedule an appointment online.