Dr. Peterson received his undergraduate education at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. He was in the Honors Program in Medical Education and received a BS in Medicine degree. He then attended Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, graduating with distinction. Dr. Peterson received his orthopaedic training at Washington University in St. Louis and then did an additional one year Sports Medicine fellowship at the Hughston Sports Medicine Clinic in Columbus, GA. Dr. Peterson has been in practice in Olympia since 1990.
Dr. Peterson’s practice focuses on treatment of the shoulder and knee. He performs arthroscopic and reconstructive procedures in addition to total shoulder and total knee replacements.
Dr. Peterson has served as the team physician for North Thurston High School and Olympia High School.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Medicine: Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- General Surgery Internship: Washington University Medical Center/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Washington University Medical Center/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: The Hughston Clinic, Columbus, GA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Hughston Society
- Thurston-Mason County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
- Washington State Orthopaedic Association
- North Thurston High School
- Olympia High School
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital