Dr. Hamblin is a native of Salt Lake City, UT and attended Murray High School. She then attended University of Utah and Syracuse University for her undergraduate and graduate education in biomedical engineering. She then pursued her medical degree at University of Utah School of Medicine. After completion of medical school, Dr. Hamblin stayed at University of Utah to complete her residency in Family Medicine. She then attended the John Peter Smith Sports Medicine program for her fellowship in Fort Worth, Texas. She joined Olympia Orthopaedic Associates in September 2014.
She is board certified in Family Medicine and Sports Medicine. She specializes in nonoperative treatment of sports-related injuries and musculoskeletal care such as chronic tendonitis, arthritis, fractures and ligament sprains/tears.
Dr. Hamblin has an interest in treatment of spine disorders and performs fluoroscopically guided injections in the spine and peripheral joints. She also performs ultrasound for diagnosis and therapeutic guided injections. She will be serving as team physician for local colleges and high schools in the greater Olympia area.
Dr. Hamblin thoroughly enjoys activities such as triathlons, yoga/Pilates, and skiing. She also enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Learn more about Dr. Hamblin’s background and her connection to Oly Ortho on ThurstonTalk.com!
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering: The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering: Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
- Family and Preventative Medicine Residency: University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, TX
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine: American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Evergreen State University
- Olympia and Thurston County High Schools
- Saint Martin’s University
- South Puget Sound Community College