Dr. Halpin is a native of Olympia and graduated from Capital High School before attending Brown University in Rhode Island where he earned a degree in Chemistry with Honors. He graduated medical school from Northwestern University and remained there to complete a residency in the Department of Neurological Surgery. During that time he also spent one year doing advanced training in complex spinal deformity and minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Halpin was awarded the Susan Perlman award during his chief resident year, given to the senior resident who best exemplifies academic excellence, special leadership skills, and compassion for patients.
He joined Olympia Orthopaedic Associates in 2011 and sees patients in our Westside location.
Dr. Halpin is a member of the South Sound Gamma Knife® Team at St. Joseph.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: Brown University, Providence, RI
- Doctor of Medicine: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- General Surgery Internship: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Neurological Surgery Residency: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Spinal Deformity and Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship: Tyler Koski, M.D., and John Liu, M.D., Chicago, IL
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital
- St. Joseph Medical Center