Dr. Halpin grew up in Eastern Washington, did his military service in the U.S. Army and attended Medical School at the University of Washington. Dr. Halpin completed his Orthopaedic Residency at the University of Arkansas, then opened a practice in Moses Lake, Washington where he practiced general Orthopaedics for 10 years.
Dr. Halpin and family moved to Olympia in 1990, and he has been developing a Joint Replacement practice for the last 20 years. His practice is now over 75% Joint Replacement of the Hip and Knee. He has been doing Total Hip Replacement through Anterior Approach for over nine years and has done over 1,000 Hip Replacements using Anterior Approach. Dr. Halpin uses computer navigation and minimally invasive techniques, as well as multimodal Pain Management for his Knee Replacements.
He is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and does over 400 Joint Replacements per year. Dr. Halpin is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons and is participating in Maintenance of Certification.
Dr. Halpin has been board certified since 1983, and has practiced in Olympia for over 20 years. He practices general orthopaedic surgery with a special interest in joint replacement of the hip, knee, and shoulder. He is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Washington State Orthopaedic Association, the American Medical Association, and Thurston/Mason County Medical Society.
In addition to his medical practice, Dr. Halpin has an interest in medical administration. He was elected as First Vice-President of the Washington State Orthopaedic Association, serves on the Inter-Specialty Council of the Washington State Medical Association, and is a member of the Board of Councilors for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of Sound Path Health, a medical insurance company.
Dr. Halpin sees patients at Olympia Orthopaedic Associates Westside office. He performs surgery at Capital Medical Center, St. Peter Hospital, and Olympia Surgery Center. For appointments call 360-786-8990.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry: Central Washington University, Ellensburg, WA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Flexible Internship: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Thurston-Mason County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
- Washington State Orthopaedic Association
- Capital Medical Center