Dr. Wood attended the University of Washington where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa followed by a medical degree from the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine in Philadelphia. Dr. Wood spent his internship and residency at the University of Washington. In 1994 he received the Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Orthopaedic Research Society’s New Investigator Recognition Award for the Outstanding Paper of the Year. Dr. Wood received certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1996. He joined Olympia Orthopaedic Associates in 1994.
He otherwise remains very busy with his wife and six children, enjoying gardening, travel, boating, running, snowboarding and hiking.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Doctor of Medicine: Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Thurston-Mason County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital
- Olympia Surgery Center