Dr. Zechmann’s expertise covers many of the orthopaedic subspecialties including total joint replacements, sports injuries, shoulder injuries, and fractures. He preforms a special Hip replacement technique called SuperPath and teaches other surgeons how to preform this minimal invasive Total hip surgery. He has almost 30 years of Orthopedic Surgery experience and has special interest in Total knee replacements, Partial Knee replacement, Rotator cuff repairs, Total shoulder Replacements, reverse total shoulder replacement, anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions, biceps tendon repairs, wrist fractures, and clavicle fractures.
Dr. Zechmann has been in practice with Olympia Orthopaedic Associates since 1993. He grew up in Olympia, where his dad was one of the founding members of OOA. Dr. Zechmann, and his wife, Cynthia, a professional harpist, have a blended family of five. He loves the outdoors. His hobbies include photography, hiking, skiing and boating.
**Dr Zechmann is a paid consultant of MicroPort.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- General Surgery Internship: Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Washington State Medical Association
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital