Dr. Carpenter attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts degree Magna Cum Laude in Spanish and Chemistry and received his medical degree from the University of Southern California. Dr. Carpenter spent his internship at Deaconess Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. He spent two years in Orthopaedic Surgery Service at the 121st Evac Hospital in Seoul, Korea and then returned to Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington to serve his residency. He went on to complete a pediatric fellowship emphasizing in spinal surgery at the Shriner’s Hospital for Children in Honolulu, Hawaii. He served as chief of spinal surgery and pediatric orthopaedics at Madigan Army Medical Center. Dr. Carpenter has also served on teaching faculties for orthopaedic surgery at both the University of Hawaii and the University of Washington. He is a member of the North American Spine Society and Scoliosis Research Society.
Dr. Carpenter received certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1996. He has practiced with Olympia Orthopaedic Associates since 1997 upon completion of active military duty. His practice is focused on surgical treatment of the spine.
In April 2012, Dr. Carpenter was selected to represent orthopaedic surgery in The Leading Physicians of the World publication.
You can also listen to Dr. Clyde Caprenter speak about our Spine Program and our upcoming Spine Center of Excellence with Dick Pust on MIXX 96. The interview can be heard in its entirety at MIXX96.com, under Saturday Morning Conversation, Nov. 10th.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and Chemistry: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Doctor of Medicine: Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Transitional Internship: Deaconess Hospital, Spokane, WA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Madigan Army Medical Center, Lakewood, WA
- Pediatric Orthopaedics With Spine Emphasis Fellowship: Shriners Hospitals for Children, Honolulu, HI
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 38th Parallel Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital